Sunday, August 31, 2008


I did my first 10K today. I participated in the Nike+ Human Race 10K. Races were held all around the world. If you weren’t in a city that was hosting a race, you could run by yourself and download the run. I have had this race on my list of races for 2008, but decided yesterday that I wasn’t going to participate. Well to my surprise when I woke up this morning, I decided to give it a try. I didn’t run the whole time, but can say that I did run 75% of the 10K. My time was 1:21:08 still waiting to see where I placed, right now I am somewhere in the 17,000, and a couple cities still have to do their race. Everyone has until 9/02/08 to download their run. It was a neat experience to know that so many people around the world are running the same race. The closest race to me would have been Chicago, maybe next time; I bet the atmosphere at that race was out of this world. I will let everyone know on the 09/03/08 what place I come in.

1 comment:

Lesley Looper said...

Congrats on your first 10K! Running 75% of your first one is great!

How do you like the Nike+? Sounds like a neat thing to have!

I've sent you an invite from DailyMile.com. Let me know if you get it. Maybe we can "friend" one another!

Happy running,
L.