Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Out Run Ovarian Cancer 5K

August 23, 2008, I ran my second 5K. It was the OROC 5K (Out Run Ovarian Cancer). It started and finished at the Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland. My parents and Natalie were there for support and I want to thank them for getting up so early and cheering me on as I started and finished the race. The route took us from the Rock Hall, by the Science Center, Cleveland Brown Stadium and the House of Blues and back to the Rock Hall. There were different muscian's along the route to keep all the runners going. Before the race, they had a small expo and all the survivor's let go of turquoise balloons and a white balloon was let go in memory of those who have passed. It was such an inspiration to see so many survivors taking part in the race. I finished almost 2 minutes ahead of my last run, which made me happy. I thought the race would be pretty flat, but there were a few hills to contend with.

No comments: